Thursday, May 29, 2008

Computer Jockey, Wait Station

Per the last post, the real estate purchasing plan is moving along. I've made an offer on a house that has been accepted, my loan is approved and now I'm just waiting to to find out when I'll close on the deal.

Meanwhile, the 2008 World Series of Poker (WSOP) has just started and I plan to get back to some live play in their cash games this weekend. I warmed up by playing a little 1-3 No Limit at The Venetian and The Palms over this past holiday weekend. Furthermore, I'm dabbling in .50/1 No Limit at an online site that offered me a lucrative reload bonus deal. All told, this "warming up" has netted me $550 in just under a week with about 8 total hours of playing time. With results like that I ask myself yet again, why did I get a job? Oh, yeah. To get a house.

So, the next big question I'll most likely face is whether or not to return to playing poker full time again -- something I won't consider until I've moved into my new home and finished with the WSOP. In the meantime, I think I've got the best of both worlds.

No comments: