Monday, April 30, 2007

Minimal Play, Tidy Profit

I was feeling a little tired on Sunday and a tad nervous about my ups and down from Saturday night. I had worked up my account at Full Tilt to play a little higher than normal, so I started out the day playing 8/16 Omaha. About 20 minutes into the session I took 3/4 of a big pot with a nut flush/nut low hand and was up $116. I gave a little back a few hands later with a mediocre call, finished that trip around the table and cashed out ahead $73.

Later in the evening I ventured out to the Wynn again, anticipating getting into the 15/30 Hold Em game again. It was full but 10/20 Omaha was open, so bought in for $500 there. I won the first couple of pots I got involved in and was soon up about $300. A couple of marginal calls later and I had given back nearly $150. I really need to get a grip on when to chase after some of these pots. I think my problem is that I'm chasing without considering the size of the pot, especially when I'm only chasing for half that pot. Realizing this, and feeling nervous about giving my back my quick profit, I picked up and cashed out $149 ahead for the session.

Up about $220 for the day was just fine for me considering the small amount of time I had invested.

No comments: